Appliance Brands Earn Energy Star Awards
May 17, 2022
Appliance brands LG Electronics and Beko have been recognized with Energy Star awards for environmental efficiency.
LG Electronics has been named 2022 Energy Star Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. This prestigious honor, a distinction LG has received nine times since 2012, recognizes the company’s exemplary commitment to protecting the environment through leadership in Energy Star certified products and promotions.
“As a long-time Energy Star partner, LG views its collaboration with the EPA as a paramount for the company, our employees, consumers, dealers and other stakeholders,” said Thomas Yoon, president and CEO, LG Electronics North America. “Consistent with our focus on environmental sustainability as a core business principle, LG is 100% committed to demonstrating that working together can inspire change, improve energy efficiency and protect the environment.”
Marked by unprecedented consumer demand for energy-efficient appliances and exploding interest in climate action, 2021 was an incredible year when American consumers purchased 10 Energy Star-certified LG products every minute. The 2022 Partner of the Year award recognizes a number of key LG accomplishments over the past year:
- LG’s sales of Energy Star-certified products rose by over a billion dollars in 2021 to $3.6 billion, a 45 percent increase over 2020 sales.
- Unit sales of Energy Star Most Efficient LG products surpassed 1.5 million units for the first time in 2021.
- LG saw double-digit growth in the number of Energy Star certified models in various categories: dishwashers (31%), refrigerators (22%) laptop computers (21%), washing machines (16%) and clothes dryers (10%)
- LG products designated as Energy Star “Most Efficient 2021” will save more than 2 billion pounds of CO2 over the life of these products — equivalent to carbon sequestered over 10 years by planting 16 million trees.
- The annual CO2 reduction from all Energy Star certified LG products sold in 2021 is equivalent to removing the greenhouse gas emissions of 77,681 cars for an entire year.
- Over their product life, LG Energy Star clothes washers and dishwashers sold in 2021 will save 38 billion gallons of water, enough to fill more than 57,000 Olympic-sized swimming pools.
- Through various promotions, the company helped educate tens of millions of American consumers about greener living with LG and Energy Star, driving more than 3 billion consumer impressions
LG and other award-winning 2022 Energy Star partners are “demonstrating what it takes to build a more sustainable future,” according to EPA Administrator Michael S. Regan.
“They are showing once again that taking action in support of a clean energy economy can be good not only for the environment, but also for business and customers,” he said. “We know it’s going to take all of us working together to tackle the climate crisis.”
Beko Home Appliances has once again received the prestigious 2022 Energy Star Partner of the Year Sustained Excellence Award for its innovative home appliances that prioritize efficiency, wellness, and sustainability. This is the fourth consecutive year that the global appliance manufacturer has been awarded the Sustained Excellence honor and the sixth year in a row it has received the top Energy Star award, making it the industry’s only brand to be acknowledged every year since it entered the U.S. market.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) announced the award to recognize Beko’s superior leadership and contributions to the Energy Star initiative.
The Sustained Excellence Award represents the highest Energy Star honor. Winners are part of a distinguished group that has made a long-term commitment to fighting climate change and protecting public health through energy efficiency. They are among the nation’s leaders in driving value for the environment, the economy and American consumers.
“As one of the world’s leading appliance makers with a product presence in 400 million homes in 140 countries, Beko has an unrivaled eco-conscious story that starts with products offering distinct health, wellness and sustainability benefits,” said Salih Zeki (Sazi) Bugay, vice president of product management at Beko Home Appliances. “Now that story is resonating with U.S. homeowners thanks to our new Healthy Kitchen initiative and six consecutive years of Energy Star accomplishments.”
Each year, the Energy Star program honors a group of businesses and organizations that have made outstanding contributions to protecting the environment through superior energy achievements. Energy Star award winners lead their industries in the production, sale and adoption of energy-efficient products, homes, buildings, services and strategies. These efforts are essential to fighting the climate crisis and protecting public health.
May 24, 2023 | Trends & Inspirations
ICFF New Product Picks
May 24, 2023 | Business
David Salisbury Launches Bespoke Kitchens Collection
May 23, 2023 | Awards & Events
BlueStar Kitchen Design Contest Call for Entries
May 23, 2023 | People
Fisher & Paykel Welcomes COO
May 22, 2023 | Business
Changes to the NKBA Certification Program
February 6, 2023 | Sponsored
Design Your Perfect Kitchen with the King Slide SIMLEAD Drawer Systems