On a road trip last month from Florida to North Carolina, I decided to split up the drive with a stop in beautiful Savannah, GA. Many friends have told me how amazing the Perry Lane Hotel (a Marriott Luxury Hotel Collection property) is, so I decided to splurge and go check it out for myself finally.
On previous pit stops in Savannah over the past two years, I had stayed at the Alida and the Kimpton Brice Hotel. The Alida was a total disappointment – long story short the hotel had terrible service and an overall lackluster guest experience for the $300+ a night room.
I really enjoyed the Kimpton Brice Hotel, and love that I can stay there for no additional charges when road-tripping with my pup. There is truly no better hotel brand to stay at than a Kimpton when traveling with your fur baby!
That all said, I am SO glad that I decided to stay at the Perry Lane this trip, since it was without a doubt the best hotel I have ever stayed at in the US in terms of service, hospitality and guest experience!
How I Booked The Perry Lane
I used my American Express Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant card to book the stay, and earned 6X points for the $300 a night standard Deluxe King room.
Since I have Titanium Elite status with Marrriott Bonvoy, I also had some suite night awards burning a hole in my pocket. I used them for the stay, and was notified via email a few days before check in that my upgrade was confirmed to a 1 Bedroom King Suite.
Perry Lane: The Room
The suite was inviting, spacious and elegant in design. At over 700 sq. ft., the suite included a separate living space with a comfy sofa and a dining table, along with a large flat-screen TV. It also featured sumptuous Frette Italian bed-and-bath linens, slippers and robes, in addition to luxurious, full-size Molton Brown bath products.
I loved the leather-wrapped walls in both the living area and in the bedroom, and the marble bathroom with a double vanity and a large walk-in shower made us feel spoiled and pampered throughout the stay.
The Location and Guest Experience
On Perry Lane’s website they proclaim that they are “Redefining the traditional Savannah experience by curating a one-of-a-kind experience for your Southern getaway,” and my goodness are they delivering on that promise!
Included in the $32 a night price for its Destination Amenity fee are the following:
- Unlimited sparkling wine served in the lobby
- BMW car service to anywhere located within 2 miles of the hotel
- HOT TIP: Make sure to request a ride with Pops! While all of the drivers at the Perry Lane were absolutely wonderful, we LOVED riding around with Pops, and meeting and getting to know him was one of the highlights of our stay!
- Free mimosas served at the rooftop pool
- Complimentary cocktail of the day served at the Wayward hotel bar
- Bike rental
- Shoe shine service
- Free coffee and sweets served in guest rooms and in the lobby
- Complimentary card games and vintage board games available in the Library
- Free use of electric vehicle charging stations
On top of that, the Perry Lane is located in downtown Savannah, so all of the restaurants, bars, shops, etc. are close to the hotel. While not situated on the main riverfront drag of Savannah, it didn’t bother me to stay a little bit away from this area, and I actually preferred being removed from all of the tourist hullabaloo.
There are so many fun things to do in Savannah, but I have to say that this hotel was so spectacular that we didn’t really leave. The only time we left the hotel was to go out for dinner, since Savannah is a great city for foodies. My favorite experiences at the Perry Lane include the following:
- Afternoon in the Library piano bar listening to the wonderfully talented musicians, while enjoying a complimentary sparkling wine from the lobby
- The delightful popsicle cocktails and also the delectable Frose served at the rooftop pool Peregrin – the nachos are also really good if you’re hungry for a little nosh
- Playing skee ball and other vintage 80s video games in the evening at the Wayward bar, while enjoying the free cocktail of the day
- Taking a little ride around Savannah with Pops on your way to lunch or dinner in the luxurious, chauffeured BMWs that are complimentary for hotel guests to use at their leisure
Further, I have to give a final, overall shoutout to the amazing hotel staff of the Perry Lane. Everyone working at the hotel was incredibly professional, extremely pleasant and kind, and they went above and beyond to make our stay one of our favorite hotel experiences of all time.
Kudos must go out to the hotel management team and their staff for curating such a fabulous experience for their guests!
Perry Lane: Final Verdict
If you are looking for a luxury hotel to stay in in Savannah – or in the Southeastern US for that matter – then definitely check out the Perry Lane! The service at this hotel is unparalleled in the US, and we had an absolutely fabulous stay. Plus, being able to take advantage of all of the Bonvoy Titanium Elite perks makes this hotel the perfect choice for those with top-tier Marriott status!
Anyone else been to Perry Lane? How did your experience compare?